NS 8566 7324
Slamannan Wesleyan Methodists
1872: The first service was held in a schoolroom at Binniehill.
1874: Building erected in New Street. Four foundation stones engraved ”23rd March, 1874″ lie at the corners of the building, each laid by a different person. Behind one of stones a ‘time capsule’ was incorporated. The church lies east/west with its south wall along the street containing a porch at its west end. Cost c£800.
Missions were run to the surrounding mining villages.
c1886: Joined forces with the Wallacestone Methodist Circuit.
1893: Extension to vestry, church renovated and painted. Re-opened October 1899.
1917: Building sold to Church of Christ as most of the congregation had moved away from the Slamannan plateau as mining ceased. It is now a private house.
MINISTERS OF SLAMANNAN METHODIST CHURCH
|Parkinson, R||June 1897|
Geoff B. Bailey (2016)