This school for special needs pupils was opened in November 1936 and was designed according to the best of the latest educational principles. In an enlightened move special emphasis was placed on outdoor learning. The main classrooms faced south onto courtyards surfaced in concrete with grass in the centre containing ornamental fish-ponds. Adjacent to one of the ponds a sundial was placed as a teaching aid. It was damaged in 1950 by two boys who broke into the premises (Falkirk Herald 26 July 1950).