NS 825 827
1495: Lands of Dunipace and St Alexander’s Chapel granted by the abbot of Cambuskenneth to Alexander Livingstone.
In 1723 Johnstone de Kirkland wrote “A little south from the house of Kirkland upon the north edge of Carron is a little bank of wood in which is a spaw well, famous in old times for severall cures, then much frequented; but at this time not much yet it does service against the collock: This well is called St. Alchenters or Alexander’s well; thirty or forty yeards bewest this well are the vestiges of a chapel and churchyeard called St Alchenters Chapel.”
G.B. Bailey (2019)