NS 8687 8038
1905 Trinity United Free Church 1929
1929 Trinity Church of Scotland
Falkirk Camelon Trinity
Not to be confused with the several other churches in the area that have used the name Trinity – such as the Trinity EU Congregation in Meeks Road.
1904: May. New congregation met in the Camelon Gymnasium.
1905: Nov. New church opened.
1936: Interior extensively refurbished by members of the congregation and building rededicated in May. 1937: First sod cut for a £1,000 hall in September 1936 and building opened free of debt in March 1937. Wilson & Tait, architects in Grangemouth, contracted in the building work but much of the fitting out was done by the congregation. Hall to fit 160 people with two smaller rooms each capable of holding 30 people, lavatories, a store room and heating.
1953: Proposed union with Irving Church.
1969: Trial union with St. John’s and Irving churches failed in 1972.
1973: Congregation dissolved 13th May.
1920: Building purchased.
Erected in commemoration of Mrs Newlands and unveiled September 1936. It is set in the wall at the back of the church and was executed by Walter J.R. Cook of Edinburgh. It depicts the visit of Jesus to the house of Mary and Martha. Mary is shown speaking to Jesus in the vineyard, while Martha is busy at work in the house listening. “To the glory of God in memory of Mrs David Newlands. Gifted by her family. 1936.”
MINISTERS OF CAMELON TRINITY
|Souter, John||Dec 1912|
|Munro, John Martin||1953|
|Waugh, James||May 1959|
|Robertson, Daniel McCallum||Sep 1967|
G.B. Bailey (2019)