NS 7921 7928
1840: Church building opened in July as a chapel of ease attached to Denny. It was built using money from Dr Chalmer’s fund for Church Extension on the same plan as that erected at Camelon designed by David Rhind, Glasgow. It was a small rectangular church with round-headed plain glazed windows and a small belfry at the southern end of the ridge roof. The church opened with a quoad spiritualia parish.
1875: Haggs erected a parish quoad sacra in January and disjoined from Denny.
1956: Hall built to the east of the church with access from the north end of the church building.
1970: The old session house became the MacLean Hall.
1978: Experimental linkage with Dennyloanhead.
1984: Extensive repairs, including the roof.
Joint charge with Denny Parish Church.
1978: Manse disposed of.
1928: Communion table dedicated.
1929: Minister’s and elders’ chairs.
1962: Baptismal font gifted by Dr & Mrs MacLean.
1899: American organ donated by A H Boyle of Banknock House.
1929: Pipe organ installed by Davidson & Blyth.
1963: Taken out due to woodworm and another installed.
1981: New organ.
MINISTERS OF HAGGS PARISH CHURCH
|Jan 1841||McCulloch, Colin||1844|
|Young, John||Feb 1857|
|Anderson, John||Nov 1859|
|Logan, Thomas||Aug 1864|
|McGregor, Alexander||Jun 1866|
|Hunter, William||Apr 1872|
|Gall, William||Mar 1877|
|Robertson, Alexander||Feb 1919|
|Mackenzie, Robert Drew||Sep 1921|
|Snedden, John||Apr 1925|
|Jackson, John||Apr 1949|
|Mechie, William Muir||Apr 1962|
|Robertson, John||Nov 1967|
|Findlay, Richard Mathies||Apr 1975|
|Dean, Roger A.F||1991|
|McC Fulton, R Stewart|
G.B. Bailey (2019)