Falkirk Evangelical Church

Olivet Evangelical Church

(SMR 2158)

Olivet Hall, Silver Row         NS 889 799

Olivet Hall, Kerse Lane   NS 8820 8004


1930s: Members met at 109 High Street, Falkirk.

1937: 50 members of the Camelon EC and 25 from the Grahamston congregation rejuvenated the assembly  and met in the Lesser Oddfellows Hall, Grahams Road.

1952: In October 1952 premises obtained in Silver Row (near the current Callendar Square shopping centre) and the Olivet Gospel Hall was established, later to be known as Olivet Evangelical Church.

1960s: Congregation from the Miller Hall, Grahamston, moved to the old Erskine Church hall in Silver Row.

1963: Due to the redevelopment of the Falkirk town centre as part of Callendar Riggs Shopping Centre the church was relocated to the current site in Kerse Lane. The new building was opened on 26 October.

G.B. Bailey (2020)