NS 9131 7940
1889: Mission station of Falkirk Parish Church set up in an old bake-house at the corner of George Street, Laurieston.
1893: Present church built as a chapel of ease with a constitution on land feued from Mr Rankine of Pilton Cottage. Foundation stone laid 31st July. The architects were A and W Black, with Mr Learmouth as mason. Completed 1896 at a cost of £1000. The design is Gothic and the construction was so arranged that, although complete in itself, the south gable could easily be removed and transepts and a choir added to give a cruciform plan and a larger church. The principal features were the four-light window in the north gable that fronts Polmont Road and the entrance porch on the west. Lancet windows in the side walls occurred in the bays formed by the buttresses. At the rear a vestry and hall were provided. A raised platform at the south end held the minister’s table and desk. The site was then at the east end of the village, which was growing in that direction.
1905: Plans by Messrs Hamilton, architects, used for an extension, which cost £1000. Ramsay Bros, masons.
1914: Promoted to a Quad sacra parish on 10th July.
1945: United with Laurieston West on 25th April.
1980: Linked with Redding and Westquarter.
1896: The old pulpit from the Falkirk Parish Church was installed to replace the pulpit desk.
1896: Cast by John C. Wilson.
See separate entry for stained glass.
See separate entry for War Memorial.
1893: 260 persons.
MINISTERS OF LAURIESTON PARISH CHURCH
|Jun 1896||Brownlie, Charles||May 1898|
|Aug 1898||Allen, Thomas Nelson||Oct 1899|
|Feb 1900||Dron, John Archibald||Sep 1908|
|Dec 1908||Robb, Alexander Barrie||Jan 1939|
|Sep 1939||McLean, Neil Alexander||May 1944|
|Oct 1945||Smart, Robert Marshall||May 1958|
|Dec 1958||Brown, Gavin Shanks||1980|
|Sep 1980||McDowell, Ronald J.||June 2001|
|June 2001||Smart, Geoffrey H.|
G.B. Bailey (2019)