SITES & MONUMENTS RECORD
|Dunipace Free Church||SMR 1605||NS 8202 8326|
|NS 8074 8331|
|1900||Dunipace United Free Church||1929|
|1929||Denny Dunipace Church of Scotland||1964|
|1964||Dunipace North Church of Scotland|
|Denny Dunipace Church|
1843: Five elders followed Rev Bonar and left Larbert and Dunipace Parish Church. A minister was ordained for the Dunipace congregation and a church erected in the Tentfield pattern in Church Lane; these were relatively cheap buildings with a life expectancy of forty plus years.
1888: Present building erected at the junction of Stirling Street and Barnego Road near the gates to Herbertshire Castle. Site purchased from John Edgar for £220. Church designed by W. Simpson had to be modified slightly for the Road Board. The Gothic frontage stands at an angle to the roadway and contains the main entrance porch with a large English Gothic window above. The gable was surmounted by a cross. To the right of the porch was a tower and spire 84 ft high. In the back gable above the pulpit was a large circular window. A gallery across the front of the church faced the pulpit. The vestry at the back had a fire-proof chamber below it for the heating apparatus. The masons, James Soutar and Co of Stirling, used Polmaise stone. Estimated cost £1500. Foundation stone laid April 1889. Old church used as a hall. Opened June 1890.
1899: Halls and church offices added.
1929: At the union with Church of Scotland part of the congregation remained as the Wee Frees and held meetings in a hall in West Boreland Road (later Y.M.C.A.).
1946: The church hall in Church lane was destroyed by fire, including the piano, organ and wireless. It was a wooden structure with a corrugated steel roof, known as the “tin hall”, and had been used for Sunday evening services.
1964: Linked with Dunipace Old in March.
1988: Dec. Dunipace Old Church building closed.
1937: Garage added.
1843: 450 on pitch pine seats.
MINISTERS OF DUNIPACE CHURCH
|Sep 1843||Robertson, Thomas||1885|
|Feb 1886||McNicol, Duncan C||May 1895|
|Oct 1895||Miller, William Douglas||Mar 1905|
|Jun 1905||Davidson, John||Oct 1936|
|Mar 1937||Fenton, Peter||Nov 1942|
|Apr 1943||Lough, John Campbell||Aug 1952|
|Mar 1954||Smart, Harald Bruce||Sep 1970|
|Aug 1971||Munro, Henry||1988|
|1989||Gallacher, Jean W|
G.B. Bailey (2019)