Bonnybridge Faith Mission

Bonnybridge Faith Mission

NS 8235 8013




1896:  Mission started in the Temperance Hall, Bridge Street (opposite the library) called Chapel Buildings and the Co-operative Hall.  The Temperance Hall (left) had been built in 188 by the Star of Bonnybridge Lodge of Independent Order of Good Templars.

1902: First sod of a new hall cut on 1st April near the new canal bridge; opened 23 August 1902.  It was made of wood and zinc with a brick basement containing a kitchen.  Gas lighting, capable of seating 160.  Cost £150 subscribed by workers.

1937:  Mission closed due to dwindling membership and the hall sold to the Christian Brethren.


Geoff B. Bailey (2019)