In the Kirk Session records George Jamieson is listed as a teacher in Bo’ness in the period 1834-1842. This is as long as the record was kept. By 1855 the school had been taken over by his daughter.
This school is described by the Ordnance Survey:
“On the north side of South Street off Market Close. A small house two stories high and in good repair. Tenanted by Miss Jamison the schoolmistress. The property of Mr Rymer, merchant, Bo’ness. The schoolroom is large enough to afford accommodation for about 60, the average number of attendants is about 50. The scholars are of both sexes. The branches taught are those usually taught in country schools. The school mistress has merely the school fees for her salary.”
National Grid Reference
|South Street||NS 9992 8166|