1843? Airth Free Church 1900
1900 East United Free Church 1929
Illus: The Church Building in use as a Garage, looking N
1840s: Church erected on the east side of Main Street. Its west gable, containing a 2-light pointed arched window with hood mouldings on either side of a central doorway, faced the street and was surmounted by a small stunted two tiered belfry with a pyramidal roof. A moulded string-course defined the pediment which contained three lancet windows. Three plain rectangular windows were placed in each of the side walls. All of the walls were of random rubble with dressed and backset margins.
1900: Joined with the Erskine or United Presbyterian Church in Airth to form the United Free Church. The old Free Church building was probably sold off shortly afterwards. In the 1950s the building was converted into a motor repair garage and petrol station. It has since been demolished and a house now occupies the site.
MINISTERS OF THE FREE CHURCH
|Clark, James||Mar 1873|
|Maltman, James||Jul 1879|
|Sep 1887||Pollock, Peter M||Jul 1889|