Shown on a plan of Slamannan Parish in 1806, the New Linn Mill was clearly built after the surveying of Roy’s map in the 1750s. It was located to the east of Avonbridge and was described by the Ordnance Surveyors in 1865 as
“A lint mill with dwelling house attached, both one storey, the latter slated, the former thatched and in good repair. The machinery propelled by water. Property of Mr John Waugh, New Mill by Avonbridge“.
The miller lived in the adjacent dwelling known as New Linn Mill Cottage. The 1881 census lists the following there:
|Isabella||MCDONALD||Wife||Married||42||Flax miller’s wife||Kilsyth|
The second edition Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s shows it as disused.
Sites and Monuments Record
|New Linn Mill||SMR 636||NS 9162 7270|