George Paul & Co. Ltd.
Sites & Monuments Record
|Off Broad Street, Denny||SMR 713||NS 814 826|
1902: G. Paul bought a foundry run by Mr Murray of Dunipace.
1923: G. Paul’s son, James, succeeded and more machinery was introduced. The main product was iron railings.
1933: George Paul died in December, having been incapacitated for 10 years.
1950s: J McMurdo became manager and the foundry was casting 50-60 tons each week.
1978: Closed on 23 June.
- 1913: 30
- 1965: 45
- 1978: 35
In the 1930s and 40s the firm specialised in high-grade iron castings for marine engines, land and marine pumps and agricultural machinery castings. It also made cattle drinking bowls (first made in 1925), fencing castings, gate pillars.
Thistle cattle drinking bowl.