This school was designed and built for Stirling County by its architect, A J Smith, 1955-58. It is typical of the period in being a lightweight-looking structure with a slender brick clock tower, reminiscent of the Festival of Britain. Moray School originally opened as a Junior Secondary School with pupils in S1-S4 in 1958. S4 pupils undertook technical and vocational training. It thus replaced the secondary departments of Dundas and Grange Schools which became primary schools. In 1961 Moray Secondary School had 526 pupils and a staff of 25. In 1970 the name was changed to Moray High School when the school became a Comprehensive. Teachers and courses were initially shared with Grangemouth High School. In 1974 it was re-designated a Middle School, taking pupils in P6-P7 and S1-S2. The experiment with middle schools ended in 1988 and Moray School became a primary school. In 2017 Carrongrange School was built in part of its playground.