Carriden Mill

In the sixteenth century titles it is clear that the Mill of the Barony of Carriden was at Linlithgow: —

The Mill of the Barony of Carriden called the Lochmill with the water gang of the King’s loch of Linlithgow.”

About two centuries later it was conveyed to James Glen of Longcroft (Salmon 1913, 164).  In this they had a parallel in the residents of Blackness who in 1722 were obliged to take their grindable corn to the Earl of Linlithgow’s mill at the Park of Linlithgow (see Blackness Mill).

G.B. Bailey, 2022