Grange House to the east of Bo’ness was a well-designed laird’s house of 1564. It presented a large almost symmetrical frontage to the south. The ornate dormer pediments, gabled stair tower and angle turret were composed to impress. The two skewputs on this façade carried sundials which MacGibbon and Ross considered to be later insertions, though given the history of the house it is difficult to see how this could have been the case and it is noticeable that they occupied a step of double height. Grange House was demolished in 1906 and it is not known what became of the sundials.
Sites & Monuments Records
Grange House SMR 909 NT 0083 8133