The waulkmill of Compston is first mentioned in a charter of 1496. It must have been located on the south side of the Crownerland Burn – it being the only water course in the lands of Compston. Along with the corn mill of Compston it came into the possession of Trinity Collegiate Church in the early 16th century. The two mills probably used the same infrastructure. However, the water supply was poor and the waulkmill is last mentioned in 1654 (Reid 2005, 47).
Sites and Monuments Record
|Waulkmill of Compston||SMR 1201||NS 956 761|