Casting Co. Ltd.
Sites & Monuments Record
|Lochview Foundry||SMR 1041||NS 830 793|
1901: Established by Messrs Blair and Davidson of 53 Bothwell Street in Glasgow on premises leased from Robert Dougall, brick manufacturer. The following year they purchased the site of 1.26 acres
1903: The foundry having cost £1550 to set up for the manufacture of stoves and ranges was put up for sale at £1,000. A commitment to construct a railway siding burdened the sale.
1905: Renamed Lochview Foundry.
1909: Company failed and the foundry became the property of the Heritable Creditors. It was tenanted and occupied by the Casting Co Ltd, ironfounders.
1911: Casting Co Ltd left and the premises stood empty for several years before being demolished.
1934: Site bought by the United Free Church in 1928 and St Helen’s Church built in 1934.