In May 1922 J G Callendar designed a war memorial for Falkirk Parish Church in the form of a doorway in Blaxter stone on the south inside entrance into the main church from the tower vestibule. This included uprights on either side into which bronze tablets were inserted containing the names of all connected with the church who died in the war. The whole was surmounted by an ornate canopy bearing the inscription “1914-1919. To the glory of God and in memory of the men of this congregation who fell in the war.” An oak door with leaded glass upper panel containing a wreath was an integral part of the composition. Some structural work had to be undertaken. The overall cost was over £300 and it was dedicated on 1 April 1923.
Contractors – mason work – P McLachlan, Larbert; brass work – Charles Henshaw, Edinburgh; joiner work – McKay & Bain, Larbert; painting work – James Marshall, Falkirk.