The large tripartite stair window at Glencarron House was an original feature of the mansion built for Andrew Duncan in 1861. Duncan owned the adjacent papermill. Despite extensions and the later use of the house as the offices of the Carrongrove Paper Company the window survives intact. It is a geometric floral design with vertical panels of scrolls and leaves containing rosettes and flower heads in bright reds, blues and yellows.
G.B. Bailey (2019)