The staircase window of stained glass introduces the burgh coat-of-arms and the shipping of the town from the earliest to 1937 when the Municipal Buildings were built. The Charlotte Dundas, built in Grangemouth in 1802, the first practical steamship in the world, is on the coat of arms. The last sailing ship, Lakeside, built in Grangemouth in 1900, and the last motor ship, Eildon, built in 1936, also feature in the general design.
Daniel O’May, glazier.
G.B. Bailey (2019)