NS 8235 8013
Ebenezer Gospel Hall
1896: Part of the Forge Works was used free of charge for meetings. The building, not far from the Royal Hotel, could seat 50 people. Later meetings were held in a room in the home of the Laird family in Jubilee Place.
1902: Meetings began in January in the Co-operative Hall, Main Street.
1937: Faith Mission Hall purchased and renamed the Ebenezer Hall. Corrugated iron cladding replaced with cement.
1940s: Cloakroom and small hall added to the back of the building.
G.B. Bailey (2019)