NS 8235 8013
1896: Mission started in the Temperance Hall, Bridge Street (opposite the library) called Chapel Buildings and the Co-operative Hall. The Temperance Hall (left) had been built in 188 by the Star of Bonnybridge Lodge of Independent Order of Good Templars.
1902: First sod of a new hall cut on 1st April near the new canal bridge; opened 23 August 1902. It was made of wood and zinc with a brick basement containing a kitchen. Gas lighting, capable of seating 160. Cost £150 subscribed by workers.
1937: Mission closed due to dwindling membership and the hall sold to the Christian Brethren.
Geoff B. Bailey (2019)