Haggs Parish Church

(SMR 420)

NS 7921 7928

TIMELINE

1840: Church building opened in July as a chapel of ease attached to Denny.  It was built using money from Dr Chalmer’s fund for Church Extension on the same plan as that erected at Camelon designed by David Rhind, Glasgow.  It was a small rectangular church with round-headed plain glazed windows and a small belfry at the southern end of the ridge roof.  The church opened with a quoad spiritualia parish.

1875: Haggs erected a parish quoad sacra in January and disjoined from Denny.

1956: Hall built to the east of the church with access from the north end of the church building.

1970: The old session house became the MacLean Hall.

1978: Experimental linkage with Dennyloanhead.

1984: Extensive repairs, including the roof.

Joint charge with Denny Parish Church.

MANSE

1978: Manse disposed of.

FITTINGS

1928: Communion table dedicated.

1929: Minister’s and elders’ chairs.

1962: Baptismal font gifted by Dr & Mrs MacLean.

ORGAN

1899: American organ donated by A H Boyle of Banknock House.

1929: Pipe organ installed by Davidson & Blyth.

1963: Taken out due to woodworm and another installed.

1981: New organ.

SEATING

1840: 700.

MINISTERS OF HAGGS PARISH CHURCH

Jan 1841McCulloch, Colin1844

Dec 1844

Young, JohnFeb 1857

Jun 1857

Anderson, JohnNov 1859

Mar 1860

Logan, ThomasAug 1864

Mar 1865

McGregor, AlexanderJun 1866

Dec 1866

Hunter, WilliamApr 1872

Oct 1872

Guthrie, Alexander1874

Mar 1875

Gall, WilliamMar 1877

Nov 1877

Robertson, AlexanderFeb 1919

Jul 1919

Mackenzie, Robert DrewSep 1921

Mar 1922

Snedden, JohnApr 1925

Sep 1925

Jackson, JohnApr 1949

Jan 1950

Mechie, William MuirApr 1962

Jan 1965

Robertson, JohnNov 1967

May 1968

Findlay, Richard MathiesApr 1975

1976

Holland, John 

1983

Dean, Roger A.F1991
 McC Fulton, R Stewart 

1998

Christie, H 
 Arif, Raheel 

G.B. Bailey (2019)