Kirk of the Holy Rood

(SMR 1731)

NS 9304 8053

TIMELINE

1961: Minister appointed to an extension charge.

1963: New church and halls opened in June in the newer housing estates.   Cost £35,000. The north facade consists of a dominant steep double-pitch slated roof whose slope is taken to the ground with harled buttressed brick walls.  There is a simple cross and bell under the overhanging roof at the gable apex in front of a large expanse of vertical glazed window. Inside the roof is accentuated by the exposed wooden beams and there are colourful stained glass windows above the altar, in the east wall. The church has a flat-roofed hall to the east with an entrance ambulatory or walkway between.  Wilson & Wilson, architects, Grangemouth.

1971: Granted full status.

FITTINGS

1963: Silver baptismal bowl gifted by the site contractors and architects.

Alms dish and lectern given by Church of Holy Rude, Stirling and a praise board by Kildrum Parish Church, Cumbernauld.

MINISTERS OF THE KIRK OF THE HOLY RUDE

Apr 1961

Campbell, Archibald Iain Sep 1971

May 1972

Ferguson, Gordon May 1996

Aug 1996

Finlay, Joanne  

G.B. Bailey (2019)