NS 8705 8295
|Larbert Free Church|
|also Stenhousemuir FC|
|Larbert East United Free Church||1929|
|Larbert East Church of Scotland|
1843: The Rev John Bonar of Larbert Parish Church walked out and started to preach at Cargill’s Thorn in the name of the Free Church.
1844: Small church erected in Kirk Avenue facing Main Street at a cost of £700. The building at the east end of the parish was an unassuming structure with a burial ground.
1900: New church building begun.
1903: Church opened in March at a cost of £5,000 on the site of the old church.
1914-18: Church hall used as canteen.
1918: Halls destroyed by fire.
1924: New halls cost £3,400. Memorial stone laid 28th December 1923. Above the door is the motto “NEC TAMEN CONSUMEBATUR”.
1880s: Manse on east side of Stirling Street.
1929? New manse in Carronvale Road to replace old manse 1.5 miles from the church.
1938: Manse sold to Stirling C.C. for £430.
1887: 8.25 cwt in B-flat.
See separate entry for Larbert East Church stained glass windows.
See separate entry for inventory and index of gravestones in Larbert East Churchyard
MINISTERS OF LARBERT FREE CHURCH
|MacPherson, Finlay||Dec 1893|
|Balfour, Peter||Oct 1895|
|Bogle, Andrew Nisbet||Jul 1903|
|Spence, Alexander Easton||Apr 1911|
|Mitchell, William Chisholm||Apr 1925|
|Fulton, John Wilson||Apr 1946|
|McPhail, Peter||Feb 1958|
|Melrose, James Henderson Loudon||Oct 1969|
|Murray, Eric John|