NS 8648 8286
Our Lady of Lourdes & St. Bernadette’s
1933: 5 February Larbert became an independent mission.
1934: Chapel-hall designed by Reginald Fairlie built facing south onto Main Street. It is a low single-storey building with white harled walls and slated roof. The hall is aligned W/E with short southward projecting wings at either end. Small buttresses occur on the long walls, with windows between them. A single tall chimney is typical of the 1930s.
1970s: Modern porches have been added to both wings. That on the west wing is flat-roofed, c1970; that on the east is an extension of the ridge with a triangular glass pediment above the door, c2000.
A dwelling occurs in the grounds, between the chapel and the Main Street.
PRIESTS OF LARBERT R.C. CHURCH
|Byrne, Joseph||Apr 1936|
G.B. Bailey (2019)