The old church was badly damaged by fire in 1955 and the windows were not retained.
(1) Three painted glass windows above the altar by Ballantine and Co, Edinburgh showed figures of the Virgin, our Saviour and St. John. 1849.
(2) Window in south side to memory of Rev. Robert Cameron, depicting St. Robert. 1884.
(3) Also on the south side in memory of Rev. Charles M’Entree, depicting St. Charles Borromeo. 1890.
In the New Church of 1960.
(4) Window above the choir gallery depicting the life of St. Francis Xavier. To the left is a scene showing him at an interview with the King of Portugal in Lisbon; the journey to the Far East; baptising; and the saint’s death alone looking towards China. The window was designed by Joseph Vickery of Glasgow, and installed by Robert F. Milligan.
Stained Glass Panels:
These were rescued from a dump by the Diocesan Building Officer, Bob Murray, in 1976. They had been removed from Wester Coates Church of Scotland Edinburgh, during its conversion into the offices of the National Bible Society. Facing the altar each panel depicts a Gospel scene and commencing from the extreme left we have:
Front of Church
The adoration of the Magi
The finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
The small boy with the loaves being presented to Our Lord by St Andrew
The calming of the Storm
Rear of Church
Our Lord speaking to the Samaritan Woman at the well
Our Lord teaching the crowds from Peter’s fishing boat
The Last Supper
Entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday
G.B. Bailey (2019)