Sites & Monuments Record
|Broomhill Rd, Bonnybridge||NS 828 796|
|Bonnymuir Malleable & Cast Iron Co||– 1886|
|George Mitchell and Son||1886 – 1928|
|Mitchell Russell & Co Ltd||1928 –|
1883: Work’s boiler exploded due to a defective safety valve and a weakness of the shell at the bottom circumferential seam. Site taken over by James Costelle, plumber in Glasgow, but stood empty for a number of years.
1886: Bonnymuir Malleable and Cast Iron Foundry near Greenhill Station for sale by Campbell –Ferguson & Co at the reduced upset price of £200. It included almost an acre of land and a two-storey house. The firm of Messrs George Mitchell and Son, Bonnymuir Foundry, was established. The site lies just south of the Broomhill Inn, north of the railway. It is was later used as a garage.
1928: Took over the Chattan Foundry and became Mitchell Russell & Co. Ltd.
See Broomhill Foundry.