Callander Abbot’s Foundry

Sites & Monuments Record

Bankside, Bainsford.         NS 897 815
Scotia Place, Stewart Road, FalkirkNS 893 802

Timeline

1933:  Callendar Iron Co. amalgamated with the Abbot’s Foundry to become Callen­dar Abbot’s Foundry Cos. Ltd.  Most of the work was switched to the Stewart Road site.  The last casting at Bankside was in 1939.

1947:  Extension.

1959:   Amalgamation with Dobbie Forbes, the site in Scotia Place was closed down and later purchased for use as a concrete works.

See Callendar Iron Works.

G.B.Bailey, 2021