Sites & Monuments Record
|Bankside Industrial Estate, Bainsford||NS 896 815|
1950: Started by WT Baddeley, a time-served patternmaker, and two others who soon left. It was originally located in Kincardine but moved to the Bog area of Falkirk in the mid 1950s, in a Nissen hut on land belonging to Callendar Estates. The company worked exclusively in aluminium alloys, often making aluminium hyster patterns for other foundries using the master patterns provided.
1975: A road was planned on the site and so the company moved to Bankside.
1976: Became a limited Company.
1984: “Aluminium sand castings up to 100kg max. wt. Specialising in vacuum forming tooling and expanded polystyrene tooling. Brass and aluminium. Employment range 1-15.”
The works moved again, this time to Inchyra Road in Grangemouth.
1997: W Baddeley died and his relatives decided to finish the business.