- Walker Brothers
- Merchiston Foundry Ltd.
Sites & Monuments Record
|Smith Street, Bainsford||SMR 707||NS 889 815|
1911: Founded by three brothers, William, James and Robert Walker, at Burnbank.
1946: Moved to Smith Street, and in March became a limited company.
1976: William Walker died and his son Brian took his place as a partner.
1957: New pattern store.
1984: “All grades grey iron cast, max. wt. 10,000kg, SG iron also cast, 3 tonnes max. Machine moulding up to 120kg. Full range of non-ferrous castings up to 2 tonnes. General engineering castings. Loose and plate moulding up to 140kg. Snap moulding up to 60kg. Employment range 51-100.”
- 1911: 6
- 1964: 130