J E Gibson & Co
Sites & Monuments Record
|Thornhill Road, Grahamston||SMR 1059||NS 892 803|
1891: J E Gibson, manager of the Camelon Foundry, started up the business for himself. Salton Foundry opened in December 1894.
1898: Moulding accommodation and warehouse extended. New railway siding and loading shed constructed. JE Gibson died in July.
1901: The partners were Mrs Harriet Gibson, W J Gibson, and the heirs of Andrew Allan.
1900-1909: Additions in this period included a pattern shop and store, a loading shed, and an extension to the moulding shop.
1909: In June notice was given of the foundry’s closure. Production was transferred to Coalbrookdale to be nearer to the markets. The site was used as a concrete works, latterly by Bison Concrete, until 2000. Now a multiplex cinema.