Kersie House is an interesting example of a minor laird’s house of about the middle of the 17th century. It was probably erected around 1645 when Harry Elphinstone of Calderhall acquired the estate from the Earl of Mar. Fleming in his drawing of the house shows a sundial as a prominent feature on the south-west corner of the building, though he places it a little too high. It is a square sundial with two faces projecting from the south-west angle at first floor level.
|Kersie Mains||SMR 184||NS 8719 9111|