Cumbernauld: opened in 1950.
Premises transferred to 14 The Wynd, Cumbernauld, January 1955.
Opened in new premises 9 October 1961 in the South Muirhead Road temporary shopping centre. The office was of open design with a depositors’ “rest centre” having seating contrived from two large millstones obtained from the Old Mill in Cumbernauld, contrasting with the fabric-finished floor and modern desk unit and interviewing cubicle.
This was the first time that swivel chairs were provided for the cashiers. The design concept was due to the Cumbernauld Development Corporation.