East Stirlingshire Football Club Pavilion

Firs Park

The new pavilion of East Stirlingshire Football Club at Firs Park was formally opened in November 1929 by ex-Provost Muirhead who was given a timepiece by J G Callander on behalf of himself and the contractors.  The pavilion was erected beneath the existing grand stand and cost £1,000 which was largely subscribed by the Supporters’ Club.  It contained dressing rooms for the home and visiting teams, large bathrooms fitted with terrazzo baths, a referee’s room, board room, refreshment room, and treasurer’s office.

Contractors – brick work – J Murdoch & Co, Larbert; joiner work – J Jones & Sons, Larbert; plumber work – Turner & Rowley, Falkirk; plaster work – Drummond & Crowe, Falkirk; glazier – Ure and Sons, Falkirk; electrician – T Irvine, Falkirk; terrazzo baths – Toffle, Jackson & Co, Glasgow.

G.B. Bailey, 2021