In 1935 Walter Alexander decided to aggrandise the approach to the bus station from Callendar Road by placing a very long lintel over the vehicular entrance. The west end of this was inserted into the shops from two years before and the east end was anchored on top of a new single storey shop created for the purpose. The shop was then let to Findlay Russell as a milk bar. It had a canted corner which contained the shop entrance and also produced a visibility splay for the traffic.
The new structures continued the decorative themes of the buildings on the corner of Callendar Riggs with lighter stone on the lower levels. The lintel consisted of a steel girder faced on the south with stone. It was removed in 1973.