J G Callander was again employed by J Baird & Co to design and build a new sawmill establishment on the old Bantaskine estate in 1918. This was essentially a series of sheds and left little scope for architectural expression.
One architectural oddity was the transfer to the mill of the old Olympia skating rink/Hippodrome cinema building from Hope Street, which had stood adjacent to the library. The structure was purchased by J. Baird and Co and in 1919 the building was dismantled, the roof being utilised in an open structure in the grounds of Bantaskine to the south of Camelon Road. The following advertisement appeared in the Linlithgow Gazette of 16 April 1918: “For sale 1,200 square yards of 3ins by 1 1-16ins maple flooring in excellent condition. J G Callander, architect, Royal Bank Buildings, Falkirk.”