Major’s Place/ Gartcows Road
Most of the dwellings in Major’s Place were constructed by J G Callander. He provided variety by using different materials in the individual houses. Some were in his favourite render with cement facings, others used engineering brick to various extents. That on the corner of Gartcows Road combines the two with cement margins for the canted bay window and brick for the doors and windows. A bull’s eye window and half-timber gablet hark back to the 1909 villa in Wellside Place.