SITES & MONUMENTS RECORD
|Denny Broompark Church||SMR 1125||NS 8105 8284|
|1797||Denny Associate Presbyterian Church||1820|
|1820||Denny United Associate Congregation||1847|
|1847||Denny United Presbyterian Church||1900|
|1900||Denny Broompark United Free Church||1929|
|1929||Denny Broompark Church of Scotland||1963|
It was proposed to enlarge the Dennyloanhead Church and the Denny residents asked for their own church building instead. However, the Presbytery rejected that idea.
1787: Site secured in Denny and a church built.
1793: Sanction for a new congregation twice refused by the Burgher Presbytery, but in October 1793 Denny received supply of sermon from the Associate (Burgher) Presbytery of Stirling and Falkirk.
1797: Denny congregation formed – the first minister appointed January 1799 – Rev James Harrower.
1881: Church reconstructed in a rectangular plan designed by Burnet, architect, Glasgow at a cost of £1200.
Later additions at either end.
1898: Hall added.
1900-27: Church re-roofed and pipe organ installed.
1931: Union with the West Church failed.
1963: October 1st. United with Denny West under the name of “Denny Westpark”. Broompark church building was obtained by the council for demolition to make way for a car park, however, this development never proceeded and the building was converted into a community centre.
1933: New communion table.
1903: Organ installed.
See separate page for War Memorial and Roll of Honour
MINISTERS OF DENNY BROOMPARK CHURCH
|Jan 1799||Harrower, James||April 1852|
|Feb 1844||Jeffrey, R T||1856|
|Feb 1857||White, Peter||Oct 1878|
|Mar 1879||Smart, George||Mar 1886|
|Mar 1879||McKellar, Duncan Campbell||Dec 1905|
|Sep 1887||Yule, David Mailler||Apr 1915|
|Jun 1906||Bains, Robert James||Oct 1925|
|Apr 1926||MacLauchlan, Francis Joseph Lauchlan||Apr 1931|
|Dec 1931||Berrie, Alexander||Nov 1961|
G.B. Bailey (2019)