Rosebank Foundry

  • Rosebank Foundry Co.
  • Paul Bros
  • Horn & Co
  • Paul & McLachlan

Sites & Monuments Record

DunipaceSMR 695NS 808 836

Timeline

1865: John Paul, blacksmith at Rosebank, Dunipace, and his brother James, set up a foundry next to the smithy.  The moulding shop was parallel with the main road.  An engine and machinery were fitted by T & J Oliphant of Denny.

1878: John Paul died aged 67 years and the foundry run by his cousin, William McLachlan.  2.5 years later this closed.

1880-1897: McLachlan worked at Cruikshanks.

1890-1896: Mrs Margaret Paul leased the works to James Horn.

1897:  McLachlan went into partnership with George Paul of Comelybank Foundry, known as “Messrs Paul & McLa­chlan”.  Following year moved to Carronbank Foundry.

1907: See Dunipace Foundry.

G.B. Bailey, 2021