Bonnybridge Malleable Iron Works
Sites & Monuments Record
|George Mitchell & Sons Ltd.||NS 828 796|
|Campbell Ferguson and Co.||1877-1887|
|George Mitchell & Sons Ltd.||1887-1960|
1877: Founded in July by Campbell Ferguson, Arthur Hamilton Dunlop, and James and George Ferguson as Campbell Ferguson & Co.
1883: Boiler exploded, wrecking the steam engine and its building. Three men were injured, including George Ferguson, son of one of the partners.
1887: By this year ownership had passed to James Castello of Glasgow. George Mitchell became the tenant, and he later bought the foundry.
It became part of George Mitchell and Sons Ltd.
c1960: Site ceased to be used.