The church at Denny was completely rebuilt at the beginning of the nineteenth century and the only known remaining carved stone from the earlier building is a vertical sundial at Hallhouse. It used to stand on the crowstepped gable of an outbuilding. As the gable faced south-east the sundial was placed at an angle. It had evidently previously occupied a position on the south wall of the church and so the radial lines and hour numbers are symmetrically arranged on either side of a vertical slot for the gnomon. It is dated 1670 and the single rectangular block has chamfered upper corners.
|Hallhouse Farm||SMR 775||NS 801 824|