Grangemouth Parish

Here are articles about churches in Grangemouth Parish or pastoral area.

Charing Cross Church

Christ the King

Dundas Church

Grangemouth Christian Brethern

Grangemouth Christian Spiritualist Church

Grangemouth Old Parish Church

Grangemouth West Church

Grange Church

Kerse Church

Kirk of the Holy Rood

Sacred Heart RC Church

St Mary’s Episcopal Church

Stained Glass in Grangemouth

   ************************************************************************

GRANGEMOUTH BAPTIST CHURCH

1894:  Proposals to form a congregation were published.  Opening service on 1st April.

1895: Church formally constituted and J Allan appointed leader from 1900 to 1905.

1910: Wound up.

1990s: The congregation now meet in Newlands Community Centre.

PASTOR:  Murdoch, Jim

************************************************************************

GRANGEMOUTH EVENGELISTIC MISSION      

NS 9258 8103

Hawthorn Street.

1880s: Meetings in Institute Hall.  It started as part of the Railway Mission.

1955: In May a new hall in Hawthorn Street was formally opened.  Cost £7,000

PASTOR: Rev Beattie, William

   ************************************************************************

GRANGEMOUTH UNIVERSALIST CHURCH

1868:  Proposals to form a branch in Grangemouth were put forward.

   ************************************************************************

SALVATION ARMY

Cunningham Street.

   ************************************************************************

WESLEYAN METHODIST SOCIETY

1872: Wallacestone Circuit Meeting agreed that there was not sufficient interest in Grangemouth to continue meetings there, although Grangemouth Society members still willing to continue their contributions at the rate of £5 per quarter until the end of the Connexional year. the School-room held by the kindness of the Earl of Zetland was  resigned at this time.

************************************************************************