Falkirk Parish

Here are articles about churches in Falkirk Parish or pastoral area.

Falkirk Parish Church by Geoff Bailey

Auld Lichts by Geoff Bailey

Bainsford Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon Evangelical Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon Irving Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon Methodist Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon Parish Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon RC Church by Geoff Bailey

Camelon Trinity Church by Geoff Bailey

Carmelite Priory by Geoff Bailey

Christ Church, Falkirk by Geoff Bailey

Church of Jesus of the Latter Day Saints by Geoff Bailey

Dawson Mission by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Baptist Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Congregational Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Erskine Church  by Ian Scott

Falkirk Erskine Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Evangelical Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Grahamston Parish Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Methodist Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk St. Andrew’s Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk St James’ Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk St. Modan’s Parish Church by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk Trinity Church (previously Falkirk Old Parish Church) by Ian Scott

Falkirk Town Mission by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk United Free Church (Continuing) by Geoff Bailey

Falkirk West Church by Geoff Bailey

Grahamston Evangelical Church by Geoff Bailey

Laurieston Parish Church by Geoff Bailey

Laurieston Reformed Presbyterian Church by Geoff Bailey

Salvation Army by Geoff Bailey

St. Francis Xavier RC Church by Geoff Bailey

Tattie Kirk and Grahams Road Church by Geoff Bailey

Thornhill Hall by Geoff Bailey

Trinity Evangelical Church by Geoff Bailey

Stained Glass in Falkirk

 

   ************************************************************************

NS 8965 8011

1989: Permission given for Pastor George McKim to erect a new church at Bog Road/ Thornbridge Road in the Ladysmill public park.   The building to be split level  due  to the lie of the ground measures 24 m by 12 m,  and  will  have  a pitched roof.

   ************************************************************************

1990: A workshop at 126 Victoria Road to be extended for use as Christian Meeting Hall.

*************************************************************************

CHRISTIAN BRETHREN, LAURIESTON

1904: Seven people met in Gardner’s Hall to encourage others in the Christian faith.   Regular meetings were then arranged at which visiting evangelical preachers encouraged the faithful.

1905: The Old School at the Square was leased.

1908: A dwelling house in Cotton Lane converted into a small hall, opened December 30th.

************************************************************************

CHURCH OF CHRIST

NS 8867 7923

NS 8922 8013

Arose out of the ashes of the Scottish Baptists.   Worship in Lorne Hall, Burns Court, then in Rankine’s Hall.

1870-74: Occupied the Howgate Chapel and sold it to the E.U. Church.

1904: Church built in Pleasance Gardens for £420.  Demolished 2017.

   ***********************************************************************

FALKIRK CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP

1989: Meet in the Falkirk High School and Glebe Street.

 *************************************************************************

FALKIRK FULL GOSPEL CHURCH

                                                                                NS 8906 8090

Wooden hut on the corner of Etna Road and Thornhill Road.   Affiliated with Hanwell Pentecostal Church, London.

2013: Planning permission granted to Pastor Comfort Harry to rebuild the church in a plain style.

PASTOR:  Watters, William B

*************************************************************************

FALKIRK SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

1940s: Met in ILP Hall.

1947: Iona Hall,  Burnhead Lane.

     *************************************************************************

GREATER WORLD CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

1989: Meet in the Guide Hall in the Pleasance.

*************************************************************************

KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH WITNESSES   

NS 8931 8048

1961: New hall built in Burnhead Lane.  Simple rectangular hall with pitched tile roof and harled walls.

*************************************************************************

LAURIESTON WESLEYAN METHODIST

Erskine’s Hall

1894: December opening.

**************************************************************************

LIVING WORD UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH

1989: Meet in Canal Street, Bainsford.

PASTOR : Kelly, R.

 *************************************************************************

NEW LIFE CHURCH, FALKIRK

1989: Meet in North End Hall, Mungalhead Road and the Christian Institute, Glebe Street.

     ***********************************************************************

THE PEOPLE’S CHURCH, FALKIRK

1989: Meet in the Masonic hall, Lint Riggs.

1991: In August the old West Church re-opened as the People’s Church.

 *************************************************************************

SOCIETY OF FRIENDS

Quakers

1865 Jan: Unsuccessful attempt to form a Quaker congregation in the Cistern Lane Chapel.

************************************************************************

WOMEN’S AGLOW FELLOWSHIP

1989: Meet in Glebe Street, Falkirk.

   **************************************************************************